Getting fit is the need of the hour, and there are a plethora of apps that vie for your attention. Maintaining your health is not something you can do once and forget. You need to be constantly nurturing your health and fitness. We would wish to make it easier for you by listing out a few of the best android fitness apps. Smartphones being your constant companions all along the day, what else can be better than a mobile app that takes care of your fitness?
Here is the list of 5 Best Android Fitness Apps
Fitbit is an app that aids you in recording your daily activities. You can log all the tasks like your food intake, water consumption, and even your sugar levels.
A unique feature of the Fitbit app is it lets you compete with your friends. The app has been designed to work with the Fitbit trackers. However, you would not need to have those trackers to use the app. However, if you have a Fitbit device, it is indeed a great app to upload the records saved by your tracker.
You can set your goals and try to achieve them by working on your regime.
Some features worth mentioning could be –
- You can track your walks and runs through GPS.
- The app can sync wirelessly with other Fitbit devices like Fitbit Surge, Charge HR, Charge, and
- Keep track of your goals and achievements.
- Keeping track of all your workouts would be an easy task with Fitbit.
Availability – Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, and Web portal
Price – Free
MyFitnessPal is a great tool to keep track of what you can eat and how does it affect you. This app has a massive database of different food items that get consumed worldwide. The tool is quite easy to manage in comparison to other similar apps.
As soon as you install the app, enter your personal details. Nothing much personal here – you just need to enter your age, weight, sex, and a few of those details. MyFitnessPal calculates the desired proportions for you to meet the target you have set for yourself.
The MyFitnessPal app has a food database of over 5 million food items. There is a provision to scan the bar code so that the food item can be identified.
Some of the essential features of this app include –
- There are no in-app purchases involved. The app is 100 percent free.
- It features a Recipe Importer option that would track any recipe over the internet.
- Apart from calorie intake, it records the other nutrients as well along with sodium, Vitamin, and
- The app lets you connect with your friends so that you can motivate one another.
Availability – Android, iOS, and Windows Phone
Price – free
It could appear to be a remote app in the list of fitness apps. However, believe us – it is indeed a great app for your fitness tracking.
Spotify is a popular music streaming app. It now comes with different tracks that would be helpful in workouts. The Spotify app has in it what is called the Running feature. It tracks your steps and the tempo of the steps, and it does play songs that have the same tempo.
The app also features some custom playlists that would assist you in running activities. Even when running is not your cup of tea, there are a couple of features that would help in making your’re working out sessions more enjoyable.
Availability – Android, iOS, and WindowsPhone.
Price – Free with in-app purchases.
You may also like: Free Spotify Premium Account
4. Nike Training Club
Nike Training Club is an ultimate fitness training app that offers you tips from Nike Masters athletes and trainers. It also provides you training regimes.
The app has over 100 guided workout videos. These are helpful for both beginners and professionals. The coaching provided on the app is quite easier in following it. It is indeed the best personal trainer.
The Nike app offers you a four-week training program. The program is based on becoming leaner, toned, or stronger. The programs are available at all levels of fitness requirements. You will get fitness workout exercises from over 100 athletes and trainers. New athletes and their workouts get added every week.
A few great features available are –
- Specialized guiding by the instructors.
- You can record all your activities on the app. This feature is helping you keep track of your fitness regime.
- Share your training and achievements with your friends and over the Nike community. This is a feature that will keep you motivated.
Availability – Android and iOS
Price – Free.
Strava is a combination app that combines different genres of fitness regimes into one single tool. It combines a cycling/running app, a tracker, and a community to share your views in one single application.
Strava is an all-in-one app that lets you record your activities on a regular basis and track the performance over any period. The app also enables you to share your performance with the community.
The app does have the following features –
- Activity – The option allows you to enter the activity and get vital statistics like distance, speed, and other parameters. The app tracks your activities in the form of a map.
- Challenges – There are periodical challenges, especially monthly challenges.
- Segments – This section does let you find how you fared on the subsections of the activity.
Some innovative features of the app include –
- It works across different genres of devices. It can collaborate with any smartphone with GPS, cycling computers, and trackers.
- The web version offers some additional
- The premium version lets you train for the best performance. You will personalize coaching on the pro version of the app.
- The Pro version also comes with live feedback on your performance during the activity itself.
Availability – Android, iOS, and web portal.
Price – Free, with in-app purchases.
This is our list of Best Android Fitness Apps for managing and maintaining your fitness regime. We do assume that you may be using one of those apps if you are indeed a fitness freak. What are your opinions of the apps that have been featured on this list? If you think we have missed any app that you think should have been included in the list, we will welcome you t share your favorite apps here.
What are your opinions of the apps that have been featured on this list? If you think we have missed any app that you think should have been included in the list, we will welcome you t share your favorite apps here.
If you think we have missed any app that you think should have been included in the list, we will welcome you to share your favorite apps here.