Creating wealth is not that easy. You strive hard to make money, make so many sacrifices for that sake. What would hit you if all that amassed wealth is gone in just under a few seconds? With all your transactions being digitally controlled, it is of much importance to protecting your identity from being stolen. Norton, a top computer security services provider, ensures that your identity is protected with its award winning utility Norton Identity Protection Elite.
What is Norton Identity Protection Elite?
Norton has been a world leader in Antivirus technology. The company has now diversified into ID protection. It offers a suite of services to protect your identity from being threatened.
Norton Identity Protection Elite is developed by Symantec Corporation. It monitors over 10000 black market sites. It monitors the black market sites and forums, and if your data is found being used for suspicious activities – you get an alert. If you think your account has been affected to quite much of an extent, you can take help from the tool which also provides restoration services.
What exactly does Norton Identity Protection do?
Norton Identity Protection offers a suite of services. It works by monitoring over 10000 black market sites. If your personal information is used in a suspicious manner, it notes it down and alerts ou quite immediately.
Norton Identity Protection can also monitor your bank accounts. If your credentials are used to open a new account, you will be alerted about the possibility of your credentials being hacked, or compromised. You can use the utility to track your credit performance as well.
In the unfortunate event of your identity is stolen and your finances are compromised, Norton Identity Protection offers you the faster and quicker restoration services. Once you sign up with the Norton Identity Protection service, you have access to restoration agents. The agents would be at your service 24 x 7 all through the year. They also have a limited level Power of Attorney on your behalf. They take care of getting in touch with your banks or filing a police complaint.
The way it works is quite simple, though it involves a huge deal of efforts. It monitors the public records. It scans courts and criminal records to find that all the references to you are only accurate. It also lets you stay safe on the social media sites as well. The social media platform can contain information about you that can harm your reputation. Norton Identity Protection can help you stay safe by monitoring the social media platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn or Instagram.
A few features that set it apart
- World-class monitoring – Norton Identity Protection Elite monitors the banking information and other details. It takes care of the fact that your data does not end up with criminals. If your data is compromised, it alerts you so that you can take actions.
- Control over your records – You can get a monthly record of credit scores. The tool also offers you an annual credit report. That would be much helpful in having a great deal of control over your finances.
- A wealth of alerts –Norton Identity Protection comes up with quick alerts as soon as it detects any changes being effected on your credit reports. It can alert you whenever your information makes a public appearance.
- Restoration services – Just in case your identity is compromised, Norton will not relent until it has restored your credentials. You have restoration agents assigned to you if your identity is stolen. They will handle all the tasks needed to restore your credentials back.
What can Norton Identity Protection take care of?
Norton Identity Protection can take care of a huge lot of personal identifiers. Some of them include:
- Credit card information
- Social security numbers
- Cyber monitoring
- Payday loan monitoring
- Credit reports
- Email addresses
- Bank accounts
In a total, it covers seventy-eight personal identifiers that it can monitor. You can add six more from among date of birth, legal name or social media login information.
Pricing and signing up
Signing up for Norton Identity Protection Elite should be an easy task. You will need to visit the official site and click on the Subscribe Online button. The one year license for one person would cost you $ 149.99. If you are using any other Norton services. You can use the login credentials you have signed up to the service with. You can decide to try the free trial version first. Norton offers you a 60-day money Back guarantee.
You can also opt for a combo offer of Norton Identity Protection Elite and Norton Security Deluxe $ 179.99 as against the combined price of $ 289.98.The Norton Security Deluxe will save your computer from viruses, malware and spyware threats. It can be used on up to 5 PCs, smartphones, Mac devices or tablets.
A few Pros and Cons
Norton Identity ProtectionElite does come with a couple of cons, though the software promises to be an excellent tool. Let us find a couple of Pros and Cons.
- A 24 x 7 support network that works around the year.
- Supports over 84 personal identifiers.
- It supports black market monitoring
- It offers you two times more monitoring than its close competitors.
- You have no access to monthly plans of subscription.
- It takes care of credit reports, but no support for banking transactions.
The final thoughts
The Norton Identity Protection Elite is an all-rounder when it comes to protecting your personal identity from being compromised. What makes it a good option is the complete restoration procedure that it promises you. The restoration process is completely foolproof, and the agents will not relent until they have restored your credit reports back. We would rate it as a great option to take care of your credits and IDs. Do share your views with us as for the usefulness of the utility.